Monday, April 11, 2011

DAY 1: I QUIT


I was done yesterday. My mind just not in the 30-day Thrust anymore. Yesterday, after some conflict with the boo (my emotional weight), I plopped down on the sofa with a bowl of leftover Valentines' Day chocolate. I don't keep junk food in my house so, that's all I could find. With a bruised heart, I could have gone for some butter pecan ice cream.


After venting to my bestie about my relationship issues, I declared that 3-DT was over before it started. Confused and disappointed, she put on her cheerleading outfit and encouraged me.

Betsie: "Why don't you want to do it."
Me: "My head's not in it."
Bestie: "Why did you want to do in in the first place?'
Me: "Because I wanted to challenge myself. I need the blog so I can hold myself accountable."
Bestie: "Well then stick to that...You can't say you're going to challenge yourself and give up before it starts. That's not a challenge."


Getting dressed for work this morning made me sad. I've had these slacks and blouse for about three years. I was more upset when I struggled to button my pants than the last time I stepped on the scale. Tight clothes make me sad because I feel like I work really hard to be healthy.

I'm frustrated with my body and I need to see results. I plan to work hard for them. I will spend more time at the gym than I do at the table.



Follow me.

Encourage me.

Love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment